Two arms smugglers held from Ghazipur
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested on Monday from Ghazipur area here by the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh Police for their alleged involvement in illegal arms smuggling.
Guddu alias Malkhan Singh and Puneet alias Nagesh were arrested by the STF on a tip-off and eight .32 bore pistols and 16 magazines were recovered from their possession, police said.
The duo were involved in smuggling of illicit arms in the state, they said, adding that the police is probing their links.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire