Two arrested for Aug 27 violence in Kawal village
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons have been arrested in connection with the August 27 incident of violence in Kawal village here, police said on Wednesday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Subhash Chand Dubey said Vikram and Mukararm were were booked under the National Security Act for their alleged involvement in inciting violence in the village.
Tension had erupted in the village on August 27 after three persons were killed in a minor dispute following the collision of two motorbikes. The situation continues to be volatile in the area over the incident.
Meanwhile, six more people were arrested for their alleged involvement in separate incidents of violence in Bhensi and Khatoli areas of the district.
Rajnish, Ashok and Vinod were arrested in connection with Bhensi incident and Sanjeev, Nishant and Akshay were involved in Khatoli incident, the SP said.
All accused are in jail, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday