Two arrested for murder of retired railway official`s wife
Ghaziabad: Two persons were arrested on Thursday for their alleged involvement in the murder of the wife of a retired railway official in Vijay Nagar area on August 12.
Vimla Manuj, 61, wife of retired General Manager of Railways Aashutosh Manuj, was strangulated to death when she was alone at her residence.
Domestic help Shashi and her neighbour Sonu were held for murdering Vimla, Shiv Shankar Yadav, SP City said.
Sonu wanted to marry Shashi`s sister but was unable to do so due to financial crisis, he said.
Shashi hatched a conspiracy to murder Vimla for which she sought Sonu`s assistance and lured him by assuring to share the looted amount, the police official said.
The duo, strangulated Vimla and carried away cash, jewellery and mobile phones from the house, Yadav said.
In her earlier statement to police, Shashi had claimed that on August 12 morning Vimla had asked to do cleaning work on the second floor of the house and when she returned on the ground floor she spotted her lying in an unconscious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price