Two arrested for murder of retired railway official`s wife
Ghaziabad: Two persons were arrested on Thursday for their alleged involvement in the murder of the wife of a retired railway official in Vijay Nagar area on August 12.
Vimla Manuj, 61, wife of retired General Manager of Railways Aashutosh Manuj, was strangulated to death when she was alone at her residence.
Domestic help Shashi and her neighbour Sonu were held for murdering Vimla, Shiv Shankar Yadav, SP City said.
Sonu wanted to marry Shashi`s sister but was unable to do so due to financial crisis, he said.
Shashi hatched a conspiracy to murder Vimla for which she sought Sonu`s assistance and lured him by assuring to share the looted amount, the police official said.
The duo, strangulated Vimla and carried away cash, jewellery and mobile phones from the house, Yadav said.
In her earlier statement to police, Shashi had claimed that on August 12 morning Vimla had asked to do cleaning work on the second floor of the house and when she returned on the ground floor she spotted her lying in an unconscious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing