Two arrested for trying to run over policemen in UP
Deoria: Two people involved in cattle trade have been arrested for allegedly trying to run their truck over two policemen, police said here Wednesday.
The accused identified as Kamal and Aslam were arrested for running over the two cops who ordered the truck to stop at a check post, Circle officer Sadar Abhay Kumar Mishra said.
The policemen, Rajnath Singh and Shivpujan Yadav, spotted the vehicle loaded with cattle late last night.
When the truck did not stop, the officials chased it, during which the truck driver attempted to run over the policemen.
The officials sustained minor injuries as their motorcycle fell into a ditch, he said.
The truck was traced and stopped by the police at Karaudi outpost, he said.
A case had been lodged against the two accused, while one more accused Wahab managed to escape from the spot, Mishra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter