Two arrested for trying to run over policemen in UP
Deoria: Two people involved in cattle trade have been arrested for allegedly trying to run their truck over two policemen, police said here Wednesday.
The accused identified as Kamal and Aslam were arrested for running over the two cops who ordered the truck to stop at a check post, Circle officer Sadar Abhay Kumar Mishra said.
The policemen, Rajnath Singh and Shivpujan Yadav, spotted the vehicle loaded with cattle late last night.
When the truck did not stop, the officials chased it, during which the truck driver attempted to run over the policemen.
The officials sustained minor injuries as their motorcycle fell into a ditch, he said.
The truck was traced and stopped by the police at Karaudi outpost, he said.
A case had been lodged against the two accused, while one more accused Wahab managed to escape from the spot, Mishra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan