Two arrested for trying to run over policemen in UP
Deoria: Two people involved in cattle trade have been arrested for allegedly trying to run their truck over two policemen, police said here Wednesday.
The accused identified as Kamal and Aslam were arrested for running over the two cops who ordered the truck to stop at a check post, Circle officer Sadar Abhay Kumar Mishra said.
The policemen, Rajnath Singh and Shivpujan Yadav, spotted the vehicle loaded with cattle late last night.
When the truck did not stop, the officials chased it, during which the truck driver attempted to run over the policemen.
The officials sustained minor injuries as their motorcycle fell into a ditch, he said.
The truck was traced and stopped by the police at Karaudi outpost, he said.
A case had been lodged against the two accused, while one more accused Wahab managed to escape from the spot, Mishra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption