Two arrested for using impersonators to clear medical exam
Lucknow: Two candidates trying to clear the UP Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination with help of impersonators were nabbed during counselling, officials said
here on Monday.
"Irfan Ahmad Ansari and Harveer Singh were caught during UPPGMEE counselling when their photographs and finger prints did not matched with the one on the admit card taken during written examination," they said.
When quizzed the duo admitted that they paid hefty amount to one Dr Sunil of New Delhi to secure seats in post graduate course, Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University (CSMMU), where counselling is being held.
Harveer and Irfan, who were students of GSVM Memorial Medical College Kanpur, were working with a private hospital in New Delhi where they came into contact with Sunil, they said.
While Irfan got 17th rank in the written examination, Harveer secured 283 position, they said.
The admit cards had photographs and finger prints of the persons, who actually took the written examination in place of Irfan and Harveer, CSMMU authorities said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her