Two arrested in connection with former SP MLA`s murder
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested here
today after they confessed to being involved in the murder of
former Samajwadi Party MLA Kapildev Yadav who was gunned down
by unidentified assailants in Mau district on Sunday, a senior
police official said.
Two people appeared before the State Human Rights
Commission here and confessed to their role in the crime and
said that it was due to old enmity. Both of them have been
arrested, ADG law and order Brij Lal said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the SP
leader was killed to avenge an old murder case in which he was
an accused, he said.
One of the arrested duo Ankur Rai said his father had
been killed in February 2001 and Yadav was an accused in the
case, Brij Lal said.
The duo has also spoken about the involvement of four
more persons in Yadav`s murder and a manhunt has been launched
to nab them.
The duo said that they had come to Lucknow after
Yadav`s murder but failed to give any concrete reason for
their appearing before the commission for confesing to their
role in the crime.
The Mau police have been informed of the arrest and
the duo are being interrogated, the ADG said.
Yadav and his driver were gunned down by unidentified
assailants in Majhwara Bazar locality under Ghosi police
station area of Mau on Sunday.
The former MLA had 12 cases against him, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened