Two arrested in connection with former SP MLA`s murder
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested here
today after they confessed to being involved in the murder of
former Samajwadi Party MLA Kapildev Yadav who was gunned down
by unidentified assailants in Mau district on Sunday, a senior
police official said.
Two people appeared before the State Human Rights
Commission here and confessed to their role in the crime and
said that it was due to old enmity. Both of them have been
arrested, ADG law and order Brij Lal said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the SP
leader was killed to avenge an old murder case in which he was
an accused, he said.
One of the arrested duo Ankur Rai said his father had
been killed in February 2001 and Yadav was an accused in the
case, Brij Lal said.
The duo has also spoken about the involvement of four
more persons in Yadav`s murder and a manhunt has been launched
to nab them.
The duo said that they had come to Lucknow after
Yadav`s murder but failed to give any concrete reason for
their appearing before the commission for confesing to their
role in the crime.
The Mau police have been informed of the arrest and
the duo are being interrogated, the ADG said.
Yadav and his driver were gunned down by unidentified
assailants in Majhwara Bazar locality under Ghosi police
station area of Mau on Sunday.
The former MLA had 12 cases against him, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?