Two arrested in connection with former SP MLA`s murder
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested here
today after they confessed to being involved in the murder of
former Samajwadi Party MLA Kapildev Yadav who was gunned down
by unidentified assailants in Mau district on Sunday, a senior
police official said.
Two people appeared before the State Human Rights
Commission here and confessed to their role in the crime and
said that it was due to old enmity. Both of them have been
arrested, ADG law and order Brij Lal said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the SP
leader was killed to avenge an old murder case in which he was
an accused, he said.
One of the arrested duo Ankur Rai said his father had
been killed in February 2001 and Yadav was an accused in the
case, Brij Lal said.
The duo has also spoken about the involvement of four
more persons in Yadav`s murder and a manhunt has been launched
to nab them.
The duo said that they had come to Lucknow after
Yadav`s murder but failed to give any concrete reason for
their appearing before the commission for confesing to their
role in the crime.
The Mau police have been informed of the arrest and
the duo are being interrogated, the ADG said.
Yadav and his driver were gunned down by unidentified
assailants in Majhwara Bazar locality under Ghosi police
station area of Mau on Sunday.
The former MLA had 12 cases against him, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt