Two arrested in connection with former SP MLA`s murder
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested here
today after they confessed to being involved in the murder of
former Samajwadi Party MLA Kapildev Yadav who was gunned down
by unidentified assailants in Mau district on Sunday, a senior
police official said.
Two people appeared before the State Human Rights
Commission here and confessed to their role in the crime and
said that it was due to old enmity. Both of them have been
arrested, ADG law and order Brij Lal said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the SP
leader was killed to avenge an old murder case in which he was
an accused, he said.
One of the arrested duo Ankur Rai said his father had
been killed in February 2001 and Yadav was an accused in the
case, Brij Lal said.
The duo has also spoken about the involvement of four
more persons in Yadav`s murder and a manhunt has been launched
to nab them.
The duo said that they had come to Lucknow after
Yadav`s murder but failed to give any concrete reason for
their appearing before the commission for confesing to their
role in the crime.
The Mau police have been informed of the arrest and
the duo are being interrogated, the ADG said.
Yadav and his driver were gunned down by unidentified
assailants in Majhwara Bazar locality under Ghosi police
station area of Mau on Sunday.
The former MLA had 12 cases against him, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof