Two arrested in connection with former SP MLA`s murder
Lucknow: Two persons were arrested here
today after they confessed to being involved in the murder of
former Samajwadi Party MLA Kapildev Yadav who was gunned down
by unidentified assailants in Mau district on Sunday, a senior
police official said.
Two people appeared before the State Human Rights
Commission here and confessed to their role in the crime and
said that it was due to old enmity. Both of them have been
arrested, ADG law and order Brij Lal said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the SP
leader was killed to avenge an old murder case in which he was
an accused, he said.
One of the arrested duo Ankur Rai said his father had
been killed in February 2001 and Yadav was an accused in the
case, Brij Lal said.
The duo has also spoken about the involvement of four
more persons in Yadav`s murder and a manhunt has been launched
to nab them.
The duo said that they had come to Lucknow after
Yadav`s murder but failed to give any concrete reason for
their appearing before the commission for confesing to their
role in the crime.
The Mau police have been informed of the arrest and
the duo are being interrogated, the ADG said.
Yadav and his driver were gunned down by unidentified
assailants in Majhwara Bazar locality under Ghosi police
station area of Mau on Sunday.
The former MLA had 12 cases against him, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown