Two arrested in lawyer murder case in UP
Kanpur: The Director of a Management College and another person were on Sunday arrested in connection with the murder of a 30-year-old lawyer here, police said.
Mazhar Abbas Naqvi, Director Virendra Swarup College of Management was today arrested from a hospital here and Ayyub was nabbed from Sitapur for allegedly murdering Prashant Dwivedi on April 23, they said.
A revolver along with 14 bullets were also recovered from Ayyub, they said.
Dwivedi had visited the Management college on April 23 in Macrobert Ganj area where he asked Naqvi for admission of a girl which the Director refused, they said.
Dwivedi threatened Naqvi and left but he came again at night and had an argument with him, they said.
Two persons, Wasim and Ayyub, who were called by Naqvi then had a tiff with Dwivedi during which Wasim allegedly shot Dwivedi, they said.
Wasim is still absconding, they said.
Prashant`s brother Shyam had lodged a complaint against five persons at the Gwaltoli police station here and one person has already been arrested in the case, police said.
A case has been registered against them under various section of the IPC, they said.
Lawyers in the city had been on strike from last four days protesting agaisnt the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- After Ajmal Kasab, another terrorist captured alive in J&K's Udhampur; 3 hostages rescued