Two awarded life term in double murder case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court Thursday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment in an eight-year-old double murder case in which a businessmen and his accountant were killed after being kidnapped.
Additional District Sessions Judge Luqman-ul Haq also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 each on Rizwan, who is a trader, and Sabir.
According to prosecution sources, Delhi-based trader Rajnarain Bagla and his accountant V K Jain were kidnapped for a ransom of Rs 3 crore in December 2005.
The bodies of the two were, however, recovered a few days later, leading police to arrest six persons, including Rizwan and Sabir, during the probe that followed.
The remaining four accused were acquitted due to lack of evidence, prosecution sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks