Two awarded life term in double murder case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court Thursday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment in an eight-year-old double murder case in which a businessmen and his accountant were killed after being kidnapped.
Additional District Sessions Judge Luqman-ul Haq also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 each on Rizwan, who is a trader, and Sabir.
According to prosecution sources, Delhi-based trader Rajnarain Bagla and his accountant V K Jain were kidnapped for a ransom of Rs 3 crore in December 2005.
The bodies of the two were, however, recovered a few days later, leading police to arrest six persons, including Rizwan and Sabir, during the probe that followed.
The remaining four accused were acquitted due to lack of evidence, prosecution sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam