Two awarded life term in double murder case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court Thursday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment in an eight-year-old double murder case in which a businessmen and his accountant were killed after being kidnapped.
Additional District Sessions Judge Luqman-ul Haq also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 each on Rizwan, who is a trader, and Sabir.
According to prosecution sources, Delhi-based trader Rajnarain Bagla and his accountant V K Jain were kidnapped for a ransom of Rs 3 crore in December 2005.
The bodies of the two were, however, recovered a few days later, leading police to arrest six persons, including Rizwan and Sabir, during the probe that followed.
The remaining four accused were acquitted due to lack of evidence, prosecution sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!