Two awarded life term in double murder case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court Thursday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment in an eight-year-old double murder case in which a businessmen and his accountant were killed after being kidnapped.
Additional District Sessions Judge Luqman-ul Haq also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 each on Rizwan, who is a trader, and Sabir.
According to prosecution sources, Delhi-based trader Rajnarain Bagla and his accountant V K Jain were kidnapped for a ransom of Rs 3 crore in December 2005.
The bodies of the two were, however, recovered a few days later, leading police to arrest six persons, including Rizwan and Sabir, during the probe that followed.
The remaining four accused were acquitted due to lack of evidence, prosecution sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note