Two awarded life term in double murder case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court Thursday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment in an eight-year-old double murder case in which a businessmen and his accountant were killed after being kidnapped.
Additional District Sessions Judge Luqman-ul Haq also imposed a fine of Rs 12,000 each on Rizwan, who is a trader, and Sabir.
According to prosecution sources, Delhi-based trader Rajnarain Bagla and his accountant V K Jain were kidnapped for a ransom of Rs 3 crore in December 2005.
The bodies of the two were, however, recovered a few days later, leading police to arrest six persons, including Rizwan and Sabir, during the probe that followed.
The remaining four accused were acquitted due to lack of evidence, prosecution sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM