Two Bangladeshi booked for using fake documents to get passports
Ghaziabad: A case was registered against two Bangladeshi nationals here for using forged documents to get Indian passports, police said on Sunday.
A Bangladeshi woman, who had also applied for an Indian passport, was also booked in connection with the case.
The three accused -- Mussa, his wife Heena and their son Shakil -- are absconding.
While Mussa and Shakil had got their Indian passports made six months ago using forged documents, Heena had applied for passport at the regional passport office here few days back.
All three had been living in Pasonda area in Shababad for past several months, police said.
The matter came to light when a police team recently went to verify Heena`s address mentioned on the passport application form, but did not find her at home.
According to the police, Heena`s neighbours told the team that the three were Bangladeshi nationals, following which they approached the passport office in this regard.
Officials of the passport department then scanned the details of Heena`s address and found that her husband Mussa and son Shakeel had been issued Indian passports on the same address six months ago.
Heena had submitted the application along with fake copies of ration and Aadhar cards for getting an Indian passport.
An investigation has been initiated into the matter, police said, adding that the role of some passport department officials was also being suspected in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir