Two Bangladeshi booked for using fake documents to get passports
Ghaziabad: A case was registered against two Bangladeshi nationals here for using forged documents to get Indian passports, police said on Sunday.
A Bangladeshi woman, who had also applied for an Indian passport, was also booked in connection with the case.
The three accused -- Mussa, his wife Heena and their son Shakil -- are absconding.
While Mussa and Shakil had got their Indian passports made six months ago using forged documents, Heena had applied for passport at the regional passport office here few days back.
All three had been living in Pasonda area in Shababad for past several months, police said.
The matter came to light when a police team recently went to verify Heena`s address mentioned on the passport application form, but did not find her at home.
According to the police, Heena`s neighbours told the team that the three were Bangladeshi nationals, following which they approached the passport office in this regard.
Officials of the passport department then scanned the details of Heena`s address and found that her husband Mussa and son Shakeel had been issued Indian passports on the same address six months ago.
Heena had submitted the application along with fake copies of ration and Aadhar cards for getting an Indian passport.
An investigation has been initiated into the matter, police said, adding that the role of some passport department officials was also being suspected in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH