Two boys drown in river in Lucknow
Lucknow: Two teenaged boys drowned while taking a bath in river Gomti, police said Tuesday.
Mayank Srivastava (18) and Piyush Kant Verma (17), students of Class XII, had gone to the river along with their two other friends when the mishap took place yesterday.
Their friends and onlookers tried to save them but to no avail, police said, adding the bodies were fished out in the night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam