Two children charred to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: Two minor children were charred to death when the heap of dry grass they were playing on caught fire at a village near Sahaspur area of the district, police said Wednesday.
Vikas and Dheeraj, both of them aged four, were playing on a pile of dry grass near their home at Devthala village in the district yesterday when suddenly it caught fire and the duo were burnt to death, police sources said.
The charred bodies of the two children were recovered from under the heap after the blaze was extinguished by villagers, they said.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their kin without conducting a post mortem on them. Police is ascertaining how the heap of dry grass caught fire.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Premier League 2016: Chris Morris does justice to whopping price tag for Delhi Daredevils with incredible 82-run knock
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30