Two children charred to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: Two minor children were charred to death when the heap of dry grass they were playing on caught fire at a village near Sahaspur area of the district, police said Wednesday.
Vikas and Dheeraj, both of them aged four, were playing on a pile of dry grass near their home at Devthala village in the district yesterday when suddenly it caught fire and the duo were burnt to death, police sources said.
The charred bodies of the two children were recovered from under the heap after the blaze was extinguished by villagers, they said.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their kin without conducting a post mortem on them. Police is ascertaining how the heap of dry grass caught fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- To give shape to new education policy, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar meets RSS leaders
- Italian connection to Mahatma Gandhi's assassination? Subramanian Swamy to reveal after August 15
- WATCH: AB de Villiers' lesson for 19-year-old who struck him with fearsome bouncer
- More girls studying, but 84% drop out after graduation
- Market gatheres momentum, Sensex up 120 points amid F&O expiry