Two children charred to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: Two minor children were charred to death when the heap of dry grass they were playing on caught fire at a village near Sahaspur area of the district, police said Wednesday.
Vikas and Dheeraj, both of them aged four, were playing on a pile of dry grass near their home at Devthala village in the district yesterday when suddenly it caught fire and the duo were burnt to death, police sources said.
The charred bodies of the two children were recovered from under the heap after the blaze was extinguished by villagers, they said.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their kin without conducting a post mortem on them. Police is ascertaining how the heap of dry grass caught fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan