Two children charred to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: Two minor children were charred to death when the heap of dry grass they were playing on caught fire at a village near Sahaspur area of the district, police said Wednesday.
Vikas and Dheeraj, both of them aged four, were playing on a pile of dry grass near their home at Devthala village in the district yesterday when suddenly it caught fire and the duo were burnt to death, police sources said.
The charred bodies of the two children were recovered from under the heap after the blaze was extinguished by villagers, they said.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their kin without conducting a post mortem on them. Police is ascertaining how the heap of dry grass caught fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon