Two children charred to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: Two minor children were charred to death when the heap of dry grass they were playing on caught fire at a village near Sahaspur area of the district, police said Wednesday.
Vikas and Dheeraj, both of them aged four, were playing on a pile of dry grass near their home at Devthala village in the district yesterday when suddenly it caught fire and the duo were burnt to death, police sources said.
The charred bodies of the two children were recovered from under the heap after the blaze was extinguished by villagers, they said.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their kin without conducting a post mortem on them. Police is ascertaining how the heap of dry grass caught fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today