Two children die in Lucknow fire
Lucknow: Two children were burnt to death here late Friday when their hut caught fire, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences where a group of snake charmers lived in hutments.
An official told a news agency the huts caught fire late Friday when everyone was fast asleep.
By the time people raised an alarm, two children, Ranju, 8, and Indu, 3, were caught in the blaze. The children died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees