Two children die in Lucknow fire
Lucknow: Two children were burnt to death here late Friday when their hut caught fire, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences where a group of snake charmers lived in hutments.
An official told a news agency the huts caught fire late Friday when everyone was fast asleep.
By the time people raised an alarm, two children, Ranju, 8, and Indu, 3, were caught in the blaze. The children died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'