Two children die in Lucknow fire
Lucknow: Two children were burnt to death here late Friday when their hut caught fire, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences where a group of snake charmers lived in hutments.
An official told a news agency the huts caught fire late Friday when everyone was fast asleep.
By the time people raised an alarm, two children, Ranju, 8, and Indu, 3, were caught in the blaze. The children died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations