Two children killed in Noida slum fire
Noida: Two children were charred to death in
a fire that gutted about 30 shanties in a slum in Navada
village on Saturday.
The administration has announced relief of Rs one lakh to
the families of the victims identified as 5-year-old Suba Rao
and 3-year-old-Sangeeta, City Magistrate Kanchan Sharan said.
The two children were asleep when the fire broke out and
their parents could not rescue them.
"Their bodies were recovered after we extinguished the
fire," said Somdutt Sonkar, Fire Station Officer.
"Around 11.30 AM we got a fire call. Four tenders were
rushed to the site at Navada. It took an hour to extinguish
the fire completely," he said.
The fire was suspected to have started from a cooking gas
cylinder. Four large LPG cylinders and 60 small LPG cylinders
were recovered from the debris.
It appears majority of the families had two cylinders
which exploded in the fire.
Hearing the sound of explosions, villagers and residents
from nearby residents rushed there.
The administration will give Rs 2,000 to each family whose
shanty was destroyed in the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state