The administration has announced relief of Rs one lakh to
the families of the victims identified as 5-year-old Suba Rao
and 3-year-old-Sangeeta, City Magistrate Kanchan Sharan said.
The two children were asleep when the fire broke out and
their parents could not rescue them.
"Their bodies were recovered after we extinguished the
fire," said Somdutt Sonkar, Fire Station Officer.
"Around 11.30 AM we got a fire call. Four tenders were
rushed to the site at Navada. It took an hour to extinguish
the fire completely," he said.
The fire was suspected to have started from a cooking gas
cylinder. Four large LPG cylinders and 60 small LPG cylinders
were recovered from the debris.
It appears majority of the families had two cylinders
which exploded in the fire.
Hearing the sound of explosions, villagers and residents
from nearby residents rushed there.
The administration will give Rs 2,000 to each family whose
shanty was destroyed in the blaze.
Noida: Two children were charred to death in
a fire that gutted about 30 shanties in a slum in Navada
village on Saturday.
First Published: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 01:00