Two CRPF battalions to be deployed in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: In the wake of communal violence in western Uttar Pradesh, two battalions of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), comprising about 2000 personnel, will be deployed in "sensitive areas" of Ghaziabad to maintain law and order.
"We have got two battalions of CRPF which would be deployed in sensitive areas of the district," Senior Superintendent of police (SSP) Dharmender Singh said.
Police has identified some sensitive areas, including Loni, Muradnagar, Bhojpur, Masuri, where CRPF personnel are being deployed, Singh said, adding a list of 150 persons, who could create communal trouble in the district, has also been compiled.
These persons, who are being closely monitored by the police, do not belong to any political party, but have previously been involved in creating tension in the district, he said.
Though peace is getting restored in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar district, police said they are closely monitoring the situation in Ghaziabad as a precautionary measure.
40 people have died in the clashes in various districts of western Uttar Pradesh so far, including 34 in Muzaffarnagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'