Two CRPF battalions to be deployed in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: In the wake of communal violence in western Uttar Pradesh, two battalions of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), comprising about 2000 personnel, will be deployed in "sensitive areas" of Ghaziabad to maintain law and order.
"We have got two battalions of CRPF which would be deployed in sensitive areas of the district," Senior Superintendent of police (SSP) Dharmender Singh said.
Police has identified some sensitive areas, including Loni, Muradnagar, Bhojpur, Masuri, where CRPF personnel are being deployed, Singh said, adding a list of 150 persons, who could create communal trouble in the district, has also been compiled.
These persons, who are being closely monitored by the police, do not belong to any political party, but have previously been involved in creating tension in the district, he said.
Though peace is getting restored in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar district, police said they are closely monitoring the situation in Ghaziabad as a precautionary measure.
40 people have died in the clashes in various districts of western Uttar Pradesh so far, including 34 in Muzaffarnagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18