Two dead in Gorakhpur as heat wave intensifies
Gorakhpur (UP): Two train passengers were found dead as the entire district continued to reel under sweltering heat with the maximum temperature touching 42.7 degrees Celsius.
According to the Government Railway Police (GRP), Sunita Devi (42) of Bihar, who was travelling by Bihar Saptakranti Express, was found dead in Deoria last afternoon.
When the train reached Gorakhpur, the GRP handed over the body to her relatives after fulfilling the formalities.
In another incident, an unidentified 65-year-old man was found dead near the second class gate of the railway station, GRP sources said.
Both of them presumably died due to heat, police said.
The electricity supply has been badly with the district facing 8 to 12 hours of power cuts. The drinking water supply has also been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand