Two dead in Gorakhpur as heat wave intensifies
Gorakhpur (UP): Two train passengers were found dead as the entire district continued to reel under sweltering heat with the maximum temperature touching 42.7 degrees Celsius.
According to the Government Railway Police (GRP), Sunita Devi (42) of Bihar, who was travelling by Bihar Saptakranti Express, was found dead in Deoria last afternoon.
When the train reached Gorakhpur, the GRP handed over the body to her relatives after fulfilling the formalities.
In another incident, an unidentified 65-year-old man was found dead near the second class gate of the railway station, GRP sources said.
Both of them presumably died due to heat, police said.
The electricity supply has been badly with the district facing 8 to 12 hours of power cuts. The drinking water supply has also been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH