Two dead in Gorakhpur as heat wave intensifies
Gorakhpur (UP): Two train passengers were found dead as the entire district continued to reel under sweltering heat with the maximum temperature touching 42.7 degrees Celsius.
According to the Government Railway Police (GRP), Sunita Devi (42) of Bihar, who was travelling by Bihar Saptakranti Express, was found dead in Deoria last afternoon.
When the train reached Gorakhpur, the GRP handed over the body to her relatives after fulfilling the formalities.
In another incident, an unidentified 65-year-old man was found dead near the second class gate of the railway station, GRP sources said.
Both of them presumably died due to heat, police said.
The electricity supply has been badly with the district facing 8 to 12 hours of power cuts. The drinking water supply has also been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred