Two dead in Gorakhpur as heat wave intensifies
Gorakhpur (UP): Two train passengers were found dead as the entire district continued to reel under sweltering heat with the maximum temperature touching 42.7 degrees Celsius.
According to the Government Railway Police (GRP), Sunita Devi (42) of Bihar, who was travelling by Bihar Saptakranti Express, was found dead in Deoria last afternoon.
When the train reached Gorakhpur, the GRP handed over the body to her relatives after fulfilling the formalities.
In another incident, an unidentified 65-year-old man was found dead near the second class gate of the railway station, GRP sources said.
Both of them presumably died due to heat, police said.
The electricity supply has been badly with the district facing 8 to 12 hours of power cuts. The drinking water supply has also been affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured