Two detained under NSA for disturbing communal harmony
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons have been detained under the National Security Act in connection with an incident in which a mob tried to fuel communal tension in Buchchakheri village of Shamli district, police said on Monday.
Charan Singh and Jitendra Kumar, alleged leaders of the mob which attacked a religious structure belonging to another community, are among 17 persons arrested over the incident which occurred on March 26.
Police said that a case has been registered against 43 persons while the probe continues into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!