Two detained under NSA for disturbing communal harmony
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons have been detained under the National Security Act in connection with an incident in which a mob tried to fuel communal tension in Buchchakheri village of Shamli district, police said on Monday.
Charan Singh and Jitendra Kumar, alleged leaders of the mob which attacked a religious structure belonging to another community, are among 17 persons arrested over the incident which occurred on March 26.
Police said that a case has been registered against 43 persons while the probe continues into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet