Two die in police custody, CB-CID probe ordered
Allahabad: Two persons, arrested on charges
of firing at a police party at a liquor shop near here, today
died in police custody prompting authorities to order a CB-CID
Sanjay Nishad and Ashok Nishad and two others were last
night arrested after they fired at a police party leaving a
constable injured in Ghoorpur area, some 40-km from here.
Sanjay died in hospital where he was taken in a serious
condition while Ashok succumbed to injuries on way to a court,
IGP (Allahabad Range) Chandra Prakash told reporters here.
He said a case had been registered after the family
members alleged the two were tortured in police custody.
The IGP said a CB-CID inquiry was also ordered into the
incident, adding no one found guilty would be spared.
The post-mortem on the two would be videographed, he
Both Sanjay and Ashok had criminal records with the
former carrying a reward of 5,000 on his head, Prakash said.
The police reached the shop after receiving information
that some youths, brandishing weapons, were asking the owner
to serve them beer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!