Two die in police custody, CB-CID probe ordered
Allahabad: Two persons, arrested on charges
of firing at a police party at a liquor shop near here, today
died in police custody prompting authorities to order a CB-CID
Sanjay Nishad and Ashok Nishad and two others were last
night arrested after they fired at a police party leaving a
constable injured in Ghoorpur area, some 40-km from here.
Sanjay died in hospital where he was taken in a serious
condition while Ashok succumbed to injuries on way to a court,
IGP (Allahabad Range) Chandra Prakash told reporters here.
He said a case had been registered after the family
members alleged the two were tortured in police custody.
The IGP said a CB-CID inquiry was also ordered into the
incident, adding no one found guilty would be spared.
The post-mortem on the two would be videographed, he
Both Sanjay and Ashok had criminal records with the
former carrying a reward of 5,000 on his head, Prakash said.
The police reached the shop after receiving information
that some youths, brandishing weapons, were asking the owner
to serve them beer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB