Two die in rain-related incidents, toll rises to 133 in UP
Lucknow: Two persons were killed in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh taking the toll this monsoon in the state to 133.
According to relief commissioner office here, one life each were lost in Basti and Bahraich in rain-related incidents.
Met office here said that light to moderate rain and thundershowers occurred at isolated places over west UP and light rain and thundershowers were witnessed at isolated places over eastern part of the state.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms: Meerut-8, Mathura, Mawana and Hapur-3 each and Muzaffarnagar-2.
Meanwhile, Central Water Commission said that river Ganga was in spate in Fatehgarh flowing near the red mark and was rising at Ankinghat (Kanpur Dehat) and Kanpur.
Sharda continue to flow above the danger mark in Palia Kalan but was declining while Ghaghra was flowing above the red mark at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
River Rapti which was flowing very close to the danger level all through the course has crossed the danger mark at Balrampur and Birdghat and was rising and Burhi Rapti was also flowing above the red mark at Kakrahi (Siddhartnagar).
Quano was flowing above the danger mark at Mukhlispur (Sant Kabirnagar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Police arrest two suspects for attempting to rape a 14-year-old
- Two new Zika vaccines give '100% protection' to mice in tests!
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids