Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident
Mathura: Two labourers were killed when the tractor they were travelling in overturned on the Yamuna Expressway near Mathura, police said Friday.
The incident happened around midnight in Sureer Kotwali area of Mathura district on the Yamuna Expressway.
The tractor, loaded with iron sheets, was returning from Ghaziabad to Mathura when it turned turtle following a tyre burst.
Two labourers Ramji Lal and Lal Singh fell off the tractor and died, while driver Ram Dayal was seriously injured, police said.
Just two days ago, on Aug 29, five people were killed in a similar accident when their truck overturned following a tyre burst. Before that, on Aug 25, a 35-year-old man from Delhi died and a woman and two children from his family were injured in an accident on the expressway.
With incidents of tyre bursting occurring at regular intervals on the 165 km expressway, opened Aug 9, questions are now being raised about the advisability of constructing cemented roads and speed mobility.
"The real test will be during the summer months when the temperature will rise above 40 degrees Celsius," said motorist Sudheir Gupta.
Motorists are being advised to check their tyres before they take to the Yamuna Expressway, at the Kuberpur entry point from Agra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike