Two different communities protest against Facebook post
Muzaffarnagar: Protestors belonging to two communities demonstrated outside a police station in Miranpur town in the district after some allegedly objectionable pictures were uploaded on Facebook by a youth.
Tension prevailed in the town after thousands of people belonging to two communities protested separately against the incident.
A suspect Yusuf Kureshi has been arrested in this connection, Senior Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini told reporters here today.
The protestors were demanding that the guilty be punished, he said, adding that security has been tightened and extra police has been deployed in the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA