Two displaced Muzaffarnagar riot victims die
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons, including a 16-year-old boy, who had taken shelter in a relief camp after they were displaced during Muzaffarnagar riots, died.
Taslim (16) died at a hospital after suffering from fever while a 65-year-old man, Noruddin died at a relief camp in Loee village due to cardiac arrest yesterday, police said.
Some local villagers alleged that the two died because they were not treated on time.
The communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar in September and its adjoining areas had claimed over 60 lives and displaced over thousands of others.
After riots, 41 relief camps were set up in Muzaffarnagar while 17 were set up in Shamli.
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor