Two displaced Muzaffarnagar riot victims die
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons, including a 16-year-old boy, who had taken shelter in a relief camp after they were displaced during Muzaffarnagar riots, died.
Taslim (16) died at a hospital after suffering from fever while a 65-year-old man, Noruddin died at a relief camp in Loee village due to cardiac arrest yesterday, police said.
Some local villagers alleged that the two died because they were not treated on time.
The communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar in September and its adjoining areas had claimed over 60 lives and displaced over thousands of others.
After riots, 41 relief camps were set up in Muzaffarnagar while 17 were set up in Shamli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa