Badaun: Two dozen children from
different villages were taken ill after consuming seeds of a
poisonous plant in Sahaswan area of the district, official
sources said here on Thursday.
Children hailing from Kothra, Rasoolpur Kalan and Bastoi
villages complained of nausea and after consuming seeds of
Jatropha plant while playing in the fields last evening, Sub
Divisional Magistrate MP Singh said.
"The children were rushed to Community Health Centre(CHC)
where their condition is stated to be stable," Singh said.
"Though Jatropha seeds contain toxins, but they are
tasty therefore the children might have eaten them
mistakingly. They are being treated and are out of danger,"
said Jagveer Singh, a doctor at CHC.