Two dozen children hospitalised after consuming poisonous seed
Badaun: Two dozen children from
different villages were taken ill after consuming seeds of a
poisonous plant in Sahaswan area of the district, official
sources said here on Thursday.
Children hailing from Kothra, Rasoolpur Kalan and Bastoi
villages complained of nausea and after consuming seeds of
Jatropha plant while playing in the fields last evening, Sub
Divisional Magistrate MP Singh said.
"The children were rushed to Community Health Centre(CHC)
where their condition is stated to be stable," Singh said.
"Though Jatropha seeds contain toxins, but they are
tasty therefore the children might have eaten them
mistakingly. They are being treated and are out of danger,"
said Jagveer Singh, a doctor at CHC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details