Two dozen children hospitalised after consuming poisonous seed
Badaun: Two dozen children from
different villages were taken ill after consuming seeds of a
poisonous plant in Sahaswan area of the district, official
sources said here on Thursday.
Children hailing from Kothra, Rasoolpur Kalan and Bastoi
villages complained of nausea and after consuming seeds of
Jatropha plant while playing in the fields last evening, Sub
Divisional Magistrate MP Singh said.
"The children were rushed to Community Health Centre(CHC)
where their condition is stated to be stable," Singh said.
"Though Jatropha seeds contain toxins, but they are
tasty therefore the children might have eaten them
mistakingly. They are being treated and are out of danger,"
said Jagveer Singh, a doctor at CHC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets