Two dozen children hospitalised after consuming poisonous seed
Badaun: Two dozen children from
different villages were taken ill after consuming seeds of a
poisonous plant in Sahaswan area of the district, official
sources said here on Thursday.
Children hailing from Kothra, Rasoolpur Kalan and Bastoi
villages complained of nausea and after consuming seeds of
Jatropha plant while playing in the fields last evening, Sub
Divisional Magistrate MP Singh said.
"The children were rushed to Community Health Centre(CHC)
where their condition is stated to be stable," Singh said.
"Though Jatropha seeds contain toxins, but they are
tasty therefore the children might have eaten them
mistakingly. They are being treated and are out of danger,"
said Jagveer Singh, a doctor at CHC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!