Two dozen trains cancelled in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: After a sunny January 01, fog and icy winds returned here and in many other parts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday. Due to the dense fog, more than two dozen trains were cancelled across the state, an official said.
Fresh snowfall in some parts of Uttarakhand has increased the winter chill, the official added.
The railways had decided against plying many passenger trains due to the possibility of fog, the official said.
The cancellation of passenger trains has inconvenienced daily commuters on the Lucknow-Pratapgarh, Allahabad-Pratapgarh and Jaunpur-Mughalsarai routes, among others. Many said they were paying more for alternative travel options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed