Two dozen trains cancelled in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: After a sunny January 01, fog and icy winds returned here and in many other parts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday. Due to the dense fog, more than two dozen trains were cancelled across the state, an official said.
Fresh snowfall in some parts of Uttarakhand has increased the winter chill, the official added.
The railways had decided against plying many passenger trains due to the possibility of fog, the official said.
The cancellation of passenger trains has inconvenienced daily commuters on the Lucknow-Pratapgarh, Allahabad-Pratapgarh and Jaunpur-Mughalsarai routes, among others. Many said they were paying more for alternative travel options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray