Two dozen trains cancelled in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: After a sunny January 01, fog and icy winds returned here and in many other parts of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday. Due to the dense fog, more than two dozen trains were cancelled across the state, an official said.
Fresh snowfall in some parts of Uttarakhand has increased the winter chill, the official added.
The railways had decided against plying many passenger trains due to the possibility of fog, the official said.
The cancellation of passenger trains has inconvenienced daily commuters on the Lucknow-Pratapgarh, Allahabad-Pratapgarh and Jaunpur-Mughalsarai routes, among others. Many said they were paying more for alternative travel options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Senegal says ex-president Wade`s son freed after graft pardon
- OUCET 2016 Results declared; download Osmania University Common Entrance Tests 2016 Rank Card here
- Will have to see how implementation rolls out: Verma on Brexit
- Danish government-allied populists call for EU vote, PM rejects
- Three killed in shooting at Ankara hospital: reports