Two escaped prisoners captured, suspended cops land in jail
Allahabad: Two of the 10 prisoners who had escaped while being taken to a court were caught as four policemen, suspended for dereliction of duty, were sent to jail on Tuesday after a criminal case was registered against them.
"Chand Babu, one of the prisoners, was captured in Kareli area in the city last night. Hours later, Mohd Vais was caught in Khuldabad area," a police spokesman told reporters here.
Sub-Inspector Sanjay Singh and Constables Vijay, Ajay Pandey and Krishnapal Saroj, who were escorting the prisoners, were sent to jail after a criminal case was registered against them, he said.
They were suspended for dereliction of duty by the Senior Superintendent of Police.
The prisoners, lodged in high-security Naini Central Jail on the outskirts of the city, had jumped out of the van and escaped yesterday.
The incident happened while they were being taken to a court in connection with hearing of cases against them.
An intensive hunt was on to capture the remaining eight prisoners, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi