close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Two family members die due to suffocation in Meerut

A youth and his 80-year-old grandmother died of suspected suffocation as the former skipped turning off his bike before falling asleep at his residence in Harra village here, police said on Tuesday.



Meerut: A youth and his 80-year-old grandmother died of suspected suffocation as the former skipped turning off his bike before falling asleep at his residence in Harra village here, police said on Tuesday.

The two members of a family were found dead yesterday and are suspected to have died of suffocation due to gas emanating from the motor-bike, they said.

According to police, 22-year-old Abdul Rehman fell asleep on a cot adjacent to where his grandmother Mukhtari was resting, and forgot to turn off his bike's engine.

The family members broke open the room, which was filled with smoke, and recovered their bodies. The room was devoid of ventilation, they said.

The gas which emanates from motor-bike is poisonous. It might be the cause of death in this case, Primary Health Centre in-charge Sudhir Gupta.

The bodies have been handed-over to their relatives without a post-mortem on their written request, they added.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions