Two FIRs registered against sand mafias
Noida: Two FIRs have been registered against unknown persons for illegally quarrying sand here, police said on Saturday.
At Noida Phase II, Mining Inspector Anil Kumar Singh has lodged an FIR alleging that unknown persons have quarried sand from Wazidpur village.
Another FIR was lodged by him at Sector 39 police station in which he stated that unknown persons have stolen sand from government land in village Asgarpur.
The action comes in wake of a report by a central panel which looked into adverse environmental impact of illegal sand mining in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh and had recommended ban on in-stream mining and creation of safety zones in rivers.
Earlier, 28-year-old Durga Shakti Nagpal, who was the SDM of GB Nagar and led the crackdown on sand mining mafia in her district, was suspended on July 27 ostensibly for ordering demolition of a wall of a under-construction mosque in Kadalpur village allegedly without following the due process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video