Two FIRs registered against sand mafias
Noida: Two FIRs have been registered against unknown persons for illegally quarrying sand here, police said on Saturday.
At Noida Phase II, Mining Inspector Anil Kumar Singh has lodged an FIR alleging that unknown persons have quarried sand from Wazidpur village.
Another FIR was lodged by him at Sector 39 police station in which he stated that unknown persons have stolen sand from government land in village Asgarpur.
The action comes in wake of a report by a central panel which looked into adverse environmental impact of illegal sand mining in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh and had recommended ban on in-stream mining and creation of safety zones in rivers.
Earlier, 28-year-old Durga Shakti Nagpal, who was the SDM of GB Nagar and led the crackdown on sand mining mafia in her district, was suspended on July 27 ostensibly for ordering demolition of a wall of a under-construction mosque in Kadalpur village allegedly without following the due process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!