Two FIRs registered against sand mafias
Noida: Two FIRs have been registered against unknown persons for illegally quarrying sand here, police said on Saturday.
At Noida Phase II, Mining Inspector Anil Kumar Singh has lodged an FIR alleging that unknown persons have quarried sand from Wazidpur village.
Another FIR was lodged by him at Sector 39 police station in which he stated that unknown persons have stolen sand from government land in village Asgarpur.
The action comes in wake of a report by a central panel which looked into adverse environmental impact of illegal sand mining in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh and had recommended ban on in-stream mining and creation of safety zones in rivers.
Earlier, 28-year-old Durga Shakti Nagpal, who was the SDM of GB Nagar and led the crackdown on sand mining mafia in her district, was suspended on July 27 ostensibly for ordering demolition of a wall of a under-construction mosque in Kadalpur village allegedly without following the due process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...