Two found guilty for raping girl student
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Saturday convicted two persons for abducting and raping a girl student and sentenced them to ten years of imprisonment here.
Additional District Sesssions Judge Suresh Chand Arya has also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on each of the accused Ramkumar and Raj Singh after holding them guilty here.
The main accused Bhagwan Das did not appear in the court at the time of judgement. The court has issued non bailable warrant against?him and asked the police to produce him before it.
According to prosecutor Yashpal Singh, the victim, studying in MA, was abducted and raped by three persons Bhagwan Das, Ramkumar and Raj Singh when she had gone to her college at Barsu village under Ratenpuri police station in the district in January 16, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda