Two found guilty for raping girl student
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Saturday convicted two persons for abducting and raping a girl student and sentenced them to ten years of imprisonment here.
Additional District Sesssions Judge Suresh Chand Arya has also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on each of the accused Ramkumar and Raj Singh after holding them guilty here.
The main accused Bhagwan Das did not appear in the court at the time of judgement. The court has issued non bailable warrant against?him and asked the police to produce him before it.
According to prosecutor Yashpal Singh, the victim, studying in MA, was abducted and raped by three persons Bhagwan Das, Ramkumar and Raj Singh when she had gone to her college at Barsu village under Ratenpuri police station in the district in January 16, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what