Two get 10 years RI for rape and murder of minor
Basti: Two persons were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment and two others to seven years in jail in connection with the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl.
The 15-year-old school girl was kidnapped and raped in Haraiya village in November 2010, government counsel Jai Singh said here today.
The victim`s father lodged an FIR against Sanjay Yadav, Ram Pravesh, Tilakram Yadav and Ramchet Yadav, he said.
On the basis of evidences additional district and sessions judge Rampreet Dwivedi held Sanay and Ram Pravesh guilty of rape.
The judge sentenced Tilakram and Ramchet to seven years imprisonment and a penalty of Rs 5,000 each for assisting in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons