Two get 10 years RI for rape and murder of minor
Basti: Two persons were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment and two others to seven years in jail in connection with the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl.
The 15-year-old school girl was kidnapped and raped in Haraiya village in November 2010, government counsel Jai Singh said here today.
The victim`s father lodged an FIR against Sanjay Yadav, Ram Pravesh, Tilakram Yadav and Ramchet Yadav, he said.
On the basis of evidences additional district and sessions judge Rampreet Dwivedi held Sanay and Ram Pravesh guilty of rape.
The judge sentenced Tilakram and Ramchet to seven years imprisonment and a penalty of Rs 5,000 each for assisting in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?