Two get life term for kidnap, rape of girl
Badaun: Two men were sentenced to life imprisonment and a woman given seven years jail term by a local court for the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl.
A penalty of Rs 28,000 was also imposed on each of the convicts on Friday.
In July 2007, the name of one Parmanand along with his wife Bhagwan Devi and two other associates had cropped up for kidnapping the girl in Hazratpur area, prosecution sources said.
Later, an FIR of kidnapping and rape was lodged against Parmanand, Devi and the third person - Bhure - in this connection, they said.
After hearing both sides, Additional District Judge (Six) S N Tripathi sentenced Parmanand and Bhure to life imprisonment, whereas the woman was awarded seven years in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September