Two get life term for kidnap, rape of girl
Badaun: Two men were sentenced to life imprisonment and a woman given seven years jail term by a local court for the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl.
A penalty of Rs 28,000 was also imposed on each of the convicts on Friday.
In July 2007, the name of one Parmanand along with his wife Bhagwan Devi and two other associates had cropped up for kidnapping the girl in Hazratpur area, prosecution sources said.
Later, an FIR of kidnapping and rape was lodged against Parmanand, Devi and the third person - Bhure - in this connection, they said.
After hearing both sides, Additional District Judge (Six) S N Tripathi sentenced Parmanand and Bhure to life imprisonment, whereas the woman was awarded seven years in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today