Two get life term for kidnap, rape of girl
Badaun: Two men were sentenced to life imprisonment and a woman given seven years jail term by a local court for the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl.
A penalty of Rs 28,000 was also imposed on each of the convicts on Friday.
In July 2007, the name of one Parmanand along with his wife Bhagwan Devi and two other associates had cropped up for kidnapping the girl in Hazratpur area, prosecution sources said.
Later, an FIR of kidnapping and rape was lodged against Parmanand, Devi and the third person - Bhure - in this connection, they said.
After hearing both sides, Additional District Judge (Six) S N Tripathi sentenced Parmanand and Bhure to life imprisonment, whereas the woman was awarded seven years in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured