Two get life term for kidnap, rape of girl
Badaun: Two men were sentenced to life imprisonment and a woman given seven years jail term by a local court for the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl.
A penalty of Rs 28,000 was also imposed on each of the convicts on Friday.
In July 2007, the name of one Parmanand along with his wife Bhagwan Devi and two other associates had cropped up for kidnapping the girl in Hazratpur area, prosecution sources said.
Later, an FIR of kidnapping and rape was lodged against Parmanand, Devi and the third person - Bhure - in this connection, they said.
After hearing both sides, Additional District Judge (Six) S N Tripathi sentenced Parmanand and Bhure to life imprisonment, whereas the woman was awarded seven years in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS