Two get life term for kidnap, rape of girl
Badaun: Two men were sentenced to life imprisonment and a woman given seven years jail term by a local court for the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl.
A penalty of Rs 28,000 was also imposed on each of the convicts on Friday.
In July 2007, the name of one Parmanand along with his wife Bhagwan Devi and two other associates had cropped up for kidnapping the girl in Hazratpur area, prosecution sources said.
Later, an FIR of kidnapping and rape was lodged against Parmanand, Devi and the third person - Bhure - in this connection, they said.
After hearing both sides, Additional District Judge (Six) S N Tripathi sentenced Parmanand and Bhure to life imprisonment, whereas the woman was awarded seven years in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership