Two get life term in minor rape and murder case
Badaun: Two persons were Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment and five others were awarded seven years of jail term by a local court here for rape and murder of a minor girl.
On February 26, 2008, a man lodged a complaint with Hazratpur police station that on February 18 night three armed men entered his house and forcibly took her 15-year-old daughter, prosecution sources said here.
Later police recovered a charred body of a girl and on the basis of belongings, the man identified her as his daughter, they said.
Police filed a charge sheet against Bijendra, Veerpal, Munshilal, Chandra Pal, Satyapal, Sarvesh and Sanukka in the court.
After hearing the case, Additional District Judge S N Tripathi sentenced Sanukka and Chandra Pal to life imprisonment along with penalty of Rs one lakh on each of the accused.
The court sentenced other five accused to seven years imprisonment along with a penalty of Rs 42,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui