Two get life term in minor rape and murder case
Badaun: Two persons were Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment and five others were awarded seven years of jail term by a local court here for rape and murder of a minor girl.
On February 26, 2008, a man lodged a complaint with Hazratpur police station that on February 18 night three armed men entered his house and forcibly took her 15-year-old daughter, prosecution sources said here.
Later police recovered a charred body of a girl and on the basis of belongings, the man identified her as his daughter, they said.
Police filed a charge sheet against Bijendra, Veerpal, Munshilal, Chandra Pal, Satyapal, Sarvesh and Sanukka in the court.
After hearing the case, Additional District Judge S N Tripathi sentenced Sanukka and Chandra Pal to life imprisonment along with penalty of Rs one lakh on each of the accused.
The court sentenced other five accused to seven years imprisonment along with a penalty of Rs 42,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog