Two gets life term for burning to death a woman in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here on Friday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment for murdering their woman relative by burning her over a property dispute five years ago.
"Additional District Sessions Judge Sham Kumar has also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 each on the accused Balbinder, brother of woman`s husband and Jagga (nephew) after holding them guilty under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code," according to Assistant government district council Sajid Ali Rana
Lakhvinder Kaur, wife of Sardar Balvinder Singh was burnt to death by the accused over property dispute when her husband was not present in the house at Sundernagar village under Jhinjhana police station in Shamli district on December 23, 2009.
The woman`s father Iqbal Singh had lodged FIR against two accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown