Two gets life term for burning to death a woman in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here on Friday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment for murdering their woman relative by burning her over a property dispute five years ago.
"Additional District Sessions Judge Sham Kumar has also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 each on the accused Balbinder, brother of woman`s husband and Jagga (nephew) after holding them guilty under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code," according to Assistant government district council Sajid Ali Rana
Lakhvinder Kaur, wife of Sardar Balvinder Singh was burnt to death by the accused over property dispute when her husband was not present in the house at Sundernagar village under Jhinjhana police station in Shamli district on December 23, 2009.
The woman`s father Iqbal Singh had lodged FIR against two accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands