Two girls burnt alive as house catches fire in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Two young girls were burnt alive after their house caught fire in Bhur village under khatoli police station in the district, police said on Monday.
The girls, aged four and six, were alone at their residence when the incident took place yesterday.
The cause of the fire is unknown, police said.
In a separate incident, two factory workers died due to suffocation last night.
The labourers had lit up an "angithi" to keep themselves warm but soon excessive smoke filled the room.
Both the factory workers Kallu and Naseem died due to suffocation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees