Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents in the district here, police said on Friday.
A 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poison after her parents opposed her relationship with a boy at Ghri village in Shamli district here last evening, they said.
She was admitted to Shamli hospital, where she later died.
In a separate incident, 19-year-old Mohsina committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling of her house in Mandi village of the district yesterday.
The body of the victim has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, the police said.
The reason for the extreme step is not known yet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi