Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents in the district here, police said on Friday.
A 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poison after her parents opposed her relationship with a boy at Ghri village in Shamli district here last evening, they said.
She was admitted to Shamli hospital, where she later died.
In a separate incident, 19-year-old Mohsina committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling of her house in Mandi village of the district yesterday.
The body of the victim has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, the police said.
The reason for the extreme step is not known yet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad