Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents in the district here, police said on Friday.
A 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poison after her parents opposed her relationship with a boy at Ghri village in Shamli district here last evening, they said.
She was admitted to Shamli hospital, where she later died.
In a separate incident, 19-year-old Mohsina committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling of her house in Mandi village of the district yesterday.
The body of the victim has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, the police said.
The reason for the extreme step is not known yet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage
- Experts for central epidemiological database to deal with bio-terrorism
- Cleric suspended after selfies with Pakistan`s `Kim Kardashian`
- Taj Mahal, Vaishno Devi among 10 iconic places to be cleaned!
- Deadlock persists as China leads opposition to India's NSG membership bid