Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents in the district here, police said on Friday.
A 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poison after her parents opposed her relationship with a boy at Ghri village in Shamli district here last evening, they said.
She was admitted to Shamli hospital, where she later died.
In a separate incident, 19-year-old Mohsina committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling of her house in Mandi village of the district yesterday.
The body of the victim has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, the police said.
The reason for the extreme step is not known yet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH