Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents in the district here, police said on Friday.
A 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poison after her parents opposed her relationship with a boy at Ghri village in Shamli district here last evening, they said.
She was admitted to Shamli hospital, where she later died.
In a separate incident, 19-year-old Mohsina committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling of her house in Mandi village of the district yesterday.
The body of the victim has been sent for postmortem and investigations are on, the police said.
The reason for the extreme step is not known yet, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?