Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents
Kanpur: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in different areas of the city Thursday.
In the first case, a 17-year-old girl hanged herself with a saree when she was alone at her house. She has left behind a suicide note.
According to the suicide note, neighbour Shravan Kumar raped her because of which she committed suicide.
On this basis, Shravan has been arrested and is being questioned, said DSP Pavitra Mohan Tripathi.
In another case of alleged suicide, a 15-year-old girl Lakshmi, depressed over her poor performance in studies, hanged herself to death. She has also left behind a suicide note.
Police have sent her body for post-mortem. Investigation is on and her parents are being interrogated, said the police.
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex