Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents
Kanpur: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in different areas of the city Thursday.
In the first case, a 17-year-old girl hanged herself with a saree when she was alone at her house. She has left behind a suicide note.
According to the suicide note, neighbour Shravan Kumar raped her because of which she committed suicide.
On this basis, Shravan has been arrested and is being questioned, said DSP Pavitra Mohan Tripathi.
In another case of alleged suicide, a 15-year-old girl Lakshmi, depressed over her poor performance in studies, hanged herself to death. She has also left behind a suicide note.
Police have sent her body for post-mortem. Investigation is on and her parents are being interrogated, said the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package