Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents
Kanpur: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in different areas of the city Thursday.
In the first case, a 17-year-old girl hanged herself with a saree when she was alone at her house. She has left behind a suicide note.
According to the suicide note, neighbour Shravan Kumar raped her because of which she committed suicide.
On this basis, Shravan has been arrested and is being questioned, said DSP Pavitra Mohan Tripathi.
In another case of alleged suicide, a 15-year-old girl Lakshmi, depressed over her poor performance in studies, hanged herself to death. She has also left behind a suicide note.
Police have sent her body for post-mortem. Investigation is on and her parents are being interrogated, said the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees