Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents
Kanpur: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in different areas of the city Thursday.
In the first case, a 17-year-old girl hanged herself with a saree when she was alone at her house. She has left behind a suicide note.
According to the suicide note, neighbour Shravan Kumar raped her because of which she committed suicide.
On this basis, Shravan has been arrested and is being questioned, said DSP Pavitra Mohan Tripathi.
In another case of alleged suicide, a 15-year-old girl Lakshmi, depressed over her poor performance in studies, hanged herself to death. She has also left behind a suicide note.
Police have sent her body for post-mortem. Investigation is on and her parents are being interrogated, said the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing