Two girls commit suicide in separate incidents
Kanpur: Two girls allegedly committed suicide in different areas of the city Thursday.
In the first case, a 17-year-old girl hanged herself with a saree when she was alone at her house. She has left behind a suicide note.
According to the suicide note, neighbour Shravan Kumar raped her because of which she committed suicide.
On this basis, Shravan has been arrested and is being questioned, said DSP Pavitra Mohan Tripathi.
In another case of alleged suicide, a 15-year-old girl Lakshmi, depressed over her poor performance in studies, hanged herself to death. She has also left behind a suicide note.
Police have sent her body for post-mortem. Investigation is on and her parents are being interrogated, said the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today