Two girls killed after jumping from moving truck
Varanasi: Two girl students died after jumping from a moving truck in the Chaubepur area here, police said on Saturday.
The truck driver and two others have been arrested, they said.
Geeta and Gudiya, both 18, took lift in a truck on Thursday while they were on way to Harivansh college here to appear in B.A 1st year exam, police said.
The girls jumped out of the moving truck as the driver did not stop the vehicle near the college, they said
"The girls had taken a lift from the truck driver. When he did not stop the truck near the college, both of them jumped from the moving vehicle and got severely injured," Chaubepur Police Station Officer, Awadh Pal Singh said.
Both were admitted to a private hospital here, where they died yesterday, Singh added.
The girls misunderstood the driver`s intention and jumped, police said.
The statements from the girls could not be recorded as they were in an unconscious condition, SSP Ajay Kumar Mishra said.
Truck driver Nizamuddin and two others Rajendra Yadav and Nakhadu Yadav were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details