Two given 10-yr jail term for kidnapping and rape in UP
Ballia: A local court here sentenced two persons to 10 years imprisonment in a six-year-old case of kidnapping and rape.
The victim was abducted from Bansdeeh area and raped in Varanasi by Sandeep and Chottelal Rajbhar in November 2008, prosecution sources said.
After hearing both the parties, Additional District Judge Ashwini Kumar Singh held both the accused guilty yesterday and sentenced them to 10 years imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Here's how a 110-year-old lobster Larry rescued from becoming a meal!- See pics
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli