Two given 10-yr jail term for kidnapping and rape in UP
Ballia: A local court here sentenced two persons to 10 years imprisonment in a six-year-old case of kidnapping and rape.
The victim was abducted from Bansdeeh area and raped in Varanasi by Sandeep and Chottelal Rajbhar in November 2008, prosecution sources said.
After hearing both the parties, Additional District Judge Ashwini Kumar Singh held both the accused guilty yesterday and sentenced them to 10 years imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself
- Reforms to aid growth; banking sector risks remain: Moody's
- Here's why NASA calls low level of Arctic sea ice the 'new normal' – Watch!
- Watch: This rare video of young Varun Dhawan will leave you astonished!