Two govt officials kidnapped near Noida
Greater Noida: Two officers of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority were allegedly kidnapped by farmers near here on Friday evening.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer RK Singh and Deputy Collector SP Singh had gone to Dankore area for negotiations with farmers over compensation for land when they were kidnapped, police said.
The District Magistrate, SSP and other senior officials were present at the site of negotiations, where the farmers got provoked and became violent, the police said.
Police had to resort to cane charge in order to control the agitated farmers.
In the melee, farmers kidnapped the two officers and took them to an unknown destination, police said.
A police team was searching for the officials till late night but was not able to trace the kidnapped officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details