Two govt officials kidnapped near Noida
Greater Noida: Two officers of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority were allegedly kidnapped by farmers near here on Friday evening.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer RK Singh and Deputy Collector SP Singh had gone to Dankore area for negotiations with farmers over compensation for land when they were kidnapped, police said.
The District Magistrate, SSP and other senior officials were present at the site of negotiations, where the farmers got provoked and became violent, the police said.
Police had to resort to cane charge in order to control the agitated farmers.
In the melee, farmers kidnapped the two officers and took them to an unknown destination, police said.
A police team was searching for the officials till late night but was not able to trace the kidnapped officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases