Two govt officials kidnapped near Noida
Greater Noida: Two officers of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority were allegedly kidnapped by farmers near here on Friday evening.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer RK Singh and Deputy Collector SP Singh had gone to Dankore area for negotiations with farmers over compensation for land when they were kidnapped, police said.
The District Magistrate, SSP and other senior officials were present at the site of negotiations, where the farmers got provoked and became violent, the police said.
Police had to resort to cane charge in order to control the agitated farmers.
In the melee, farmers kidnapped the two officers and took them to an unknown destination, police said.
A police team was searching for the officials till late night but was not able to trace the kidnapped officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'