Two govt officials kidnapped near Noida
Greater Noida: Two officers of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority were allegedly kidnapped by farmers near here on Friday evening.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer RK Singh and Deputy Collector SP Singh had gone to Dankore area for negotiations with farmers over compensation for land when they were kidnapped, police said.
The District Magistrate, SSP and other senior officials were present at the site of negotiations, where the farmers got provoked and became violent, the police said.
Police had to resort to cane charge in order to control the agitated farmers.
In the melee, farmers kidnapped the two officers and took them to an unknown destination, police said.
A police team was searching for the officials till late night but was not able to trace the kidnapped officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- US to seek death penalty against accused South Carolina church shooter
- These pretty Bollywood ‘mermaids’ sizzled in the pristine beaches of Goa – Pics inside
- Newly elected AIADMK MLA SM Seenivel passes away, hours before oath-taking ceremony
- UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 to be declared soon
- BoI net loss soars to Rs 3,567 cr as bad loans bite