Two groups clash over plot of land
Ghaziabad: A clash broke out between two rival groups over a plot of land in Aman Garden colony here, police said Friday.
The two groups belonging to legislator Harun and Samajwadi Party leader Aman respectively clashed as they both claimed ownership over the land, they said.
While the group belonging to Harun claimed that the land was purchased from a Delhi-based doctor, the other group alleged that they had been called at the spot by the former and attacked.
Although eye-witnesses claimed the two groups cross-fired at each other, police denied that any firing took place.
Harun and his nephew were injured and are currently admitted in hospital, police said.
A case has been registered and investigation into the matter is in progress, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan