Two groups clash over plot of land
Ghaziabad: A clash broke out between two rival groups over a plot of land in Aman Garden colony here, police said Friday.
The two groups belonging to legislator Harun and Samajwadi Party leader Aman respectively clashed as they both claimed ownership over the land, they said.
While the group belonging to Harun claimed that the land was purchased from a Delhi-based doctor, the other group alleged that they had been called at the spot by the former and attacked.
Although eye-witnesses claimed the two groups cross-fired at each other, police denied that any firing took place.
Harun and his nephew were injured and are currently admitted in hospital, police said.
A case has been registered and investigation into the matter is in progress, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city