Two guilty of rape, sentenced to 10 years in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here has convicted two youths of raping a minor and sentenced them to ten years of imprisonment.
Additional District Sessions Judge Chandra Bhushan Singh has also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of the accused, Dilshad and Imran, after holding them guilty of abducting and raping the 17-year-old girl.
According to prosecution, the girl was abducted and raped in Khatoli town of the district on December 24, 2006.
In another case, Rajiv Kumar Verma was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for burning his wife alive over dowry.
District Additional Sessions Judge Ghanshyam Pathak also imposed a fine of Rs 4000 on the accused.
The prosecution said that a married woman Vandana, wife of Rajiv Verma, was burnt to death by her in-laws at Purkazi town here in 2007.
Police registered a case against five persons, including Rajiv Verma, the court acquitted the four accused for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy