Two held for gang-rape, abetting victim`s suicide
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping and abetting suicide of a 21-year-old Dalit girl who attempted to end her life by jumping in front of a moving train, police said on Wednesday.
Kallu and Rajender were arrested from Barsi village in Shamli district yesterday after the victim was critically injured on jumping before a train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near Alem railway station, police said.
She was admitted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'