Two held for gang-rape, abetting victim`s suicide
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping and abetting suicide of a 21-year-old Dalit girl who attempted to end her life by jumping in front of a moving train, police said on Wednesday.
Kallu and Rajender were arrested from Barsi village in Shamli district yesterday after the victim was critically injured on jumping before a train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near Alem railway station, police said.
She was admitted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?