Two held for gang-rape, abetting victim`s suicide
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping and abetting suicide of a 21-year-old Dalit girl who attempted to end her life by jumping in front of a moving train, police said on Wednesday.
Kallu and Rajender were arrested from Barsi village in Shamli district yesterday after the victim was critically injured on jumping before a train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near Alem railway station, police said.
She was admitted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma