Two held for gang-rape, abetting victim`s suicide
Muzaffarnagar: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping and abetting suicide of a 21-year-old Dalit girl who attempted to end her life by jumping in front of a moving train, police said on Wednesday.
Kallu and Rajender were arrested from Barsi village in Shamli district yesterday after the victim was critically injured on jumping before a train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near Alem railway station, police said.
She was admitted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arun Jaitley's non-participation in SAARC won't matter, says Pak minister — Know what he said
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail