Two held for running illegal bank in Uttar Pradesh
Bulandshahr : Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly running illegal banking services for the past more than three years, police said today.
The accused--Saqib and Rizwan-- of Dhamera Adda locality were arrested yesterday, Police Circle Officer Vaibhav Krishna said. The two had been running an "interest-free bank" by the name `Al-Amanat Fund` since 2009 without any licence and had about 250 account holders with a total deposit of Rs 80 lakh, he said.
For the past some time, the company had stopped clearing cheques. Aggrieved over the matter, some account holders yesterday held Saqib and Rizwan hostage and took them to a nearby village.
When the police learnt about the incident, they rescued the two and arrested them with their kidnappers, said Krishna.
As none of the account holders complained against Saqib and Rizwan, police took suo-moto action against them and their kidnappers and presented them before the court of the sub-divisional magistrate, Krishna added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!