Two held for running illegal bank in Uttar Pradesh
Bulandshahr : Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly running illegal banking services for the past more than three years, police said today.
The accused--Saqib and Rizwan-- of Dhamera Adda locality were arrested yesterday, Police Circle Officer Vaibhav Krishna said. The two had been running an "interest-free bank" by the name `Al-Amanat Fund` since 2009 without any licence and had about 250 account holders with a total deposit of Rs 80 lakh, he said.
For the past some time, the company had stopped clearing cheques. Aggrieved over the matter, some account holders yesterday held Saqib and Rizwan hostage and took them to a nearby village.
When the police learnt about the incident, they rescued the two and arrested them with their kidnappers, said Krishna.
As none of the account holders complained against Saqib and Rizwan, police took suo-moto action against them and their kidnappers and presented them before the court of the sub-divisional magistrate, Krishna added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'