Two held for running illegal bank in Uttar Pradesh
Bulandshahr : Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly running illegal banking services for the past more than three years, police said today.
The accused--Saqib and Rizwan-- of Dhamera Adda locality were arrested yesterday, Police Circle Officer Vaibhav Krishna said. The two had been running an "interest-free bank" by the name `Al-Amanat Fund` since 2009 without any licence and had about 250 account holders with a total deposit of Rs 80 lakh, he said.
For the past some time, the company had stopped clearing cheques. Aggrieved over the matter, some account holders yesterday held Saqib and Rizwan hostage and took them to a nearby village.
When the police learnt about the incident, they rescued the two and arrested them with their kidnappers, said Krishna.
As none of the account holders complained against Saqib and Rizwan, police took suo-moto action against them and their kidnappers and presented them before the court of the sub-divisional magistrate, Krishna added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic