Two held with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore
Lucknow: Two drug peddlers have been arrested with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district, police said Wednesday.
The two men, in their early 20s, were nabbed late Tuesday from Chaubeypur area, some 80 km from here.
"The two motorcycle-borne men were arrested while they were on their way to hand over the cocaine to some of their clients," police inspector SP Singh told reporters in Kanpur.
According to police, the men have confessed to the crime. They have been involved in the illegal trade for the past several years and had their clients in various states.
"We are yet to ascertain the place from where the cocaine was brought. The two primarily used to supply drugs in eastern regions of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up