Two held with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore
Lucknow: Two drug peddlers have been arrested with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district, police said Wednesday.
The two men, in their early 20s, were nabbed late Tuesday from Chaubeypur area, some 80 km from here.
"The two motorcycle-borne men were arrested while they were on their way to hand over the cocaine to some of their clients," police inspector SP Singh told reporters in Kanpur.
According to police, the men have confessed to the crime. They have been involved in the illegal trade for the past several years and had their clients in various states.
"We are yet to ascertain the place from where the cocaine was brought. The two primarily used to supply drugs in eastern regions of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far