Two held with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore
Lucknow: Two drug peddlers have been arrested with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district, police said Wednesday.
The two men, in their early 20s, were nabbed late Tuesday from Chaubeypur area, some 80 km from here.
"The two motorcycle-borne men were arrested while they were on their way to hand over the cocaine to some of their clients," police inspector SP Singh told reporters in Kanpur.
According to police, the men have confessed to the crime. They have been involved in the illegal trade for the past several years and had their clients in various states.
"We are yet to ascertain the place from where the cocaine was brought. The two primarily used to supply drugs in eastern regions of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi," said Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'