Two held with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore
Lucknow: Two drug peddlers have been arrested with cocaine of over Rs 1 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district, police said Wednesday.
The two men, in their early 20s, were nabbed late Tuesday from Chaubeypur area, some 80 km from here.
"The two motorcycle-borne men were arrested while they were on their way to hand over the cocaine to some of their clients," police inspector SP Singh told reporters in Kanpur.
According to police, the men have confessed to the crime. They have been involved in the illegal trade for the past several years and had their clients in various states.
"We are yet to ascertain the place from where the cocaine was brought. The two primarily used to supply drugs in eastern regions of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...