Two held with gold worth Rs 11 lakh on Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj (UP): Sashstra Seema Bal (SSB) jawans have arrested two person with gold worth Rs 11 lakh in their possession from Sonauli area on Indo-Nepal border.
The accused, identified as Uma Sankar Tewari and Sunil Kumar, were arrested last night during a routine check and 351.5 gram of gold worth Rs 11 lakh was recovered from them, SSB commandant KS Bankhothi said.
Tewari and Kumar are residents of Nautanwa in Uttar Pradesh`s Maharajganj district bordering Nepal.
The SSB commandant said the duo had been handed over to the customs authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’