Two held with gold worth Rs 11 lakh on Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj (UP): Sashstra Seema Bal (SSB) jawans have arrested two person with gold worth Rs 11 lakh in their possession from Sonauli area on Indo-Nepal border.
The accused, identified as Uma Sankar Tewari and Sunil Kumar, were arrested last night during a routine check and 351.5 gram of gold worth Rs 11 lakh was recovered from them, SSB commandant KS Bankhothi said.
Tewari and Kumar are residents of Nautanwa in Uttar Pradesh`s Maharajganj district bordering Nepal.
The SSB commandant said the duo had been handed over to the customs authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi