Two injured as guards open fire on agitating workers
Noida: Agitating workers at a construction site went on rampage torching six vehicles after security guards opened fire on them while they were protesting against non-payment of dues by the contractor.
Two workers were injured during the protests at the construction site in Sector-110 area here on the outskirts of the capital.
Four guards have been arrested in this connection, SHO Dharmendra Chauhan said, adding the injured were taken to the hospital where condition of one of them is stated to be stable, while the other has been discharged.
After the incident, angry workers at tset ablaze six vehicles, police said. The violence prompted authorities to deploy PAC in the area and senior police officers led by SSP Preetinder Singh rushed to the clash site and pacified the workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing