Two injured as guards open fire on agitating workers
Noida: Agitating workers at a construction site went on rampage torching six vehicles after security guards opened fire on them while they were protesting against non-payment of dues by the contractor.
Two workers were injured during the protests at the construction site in Sector-110 area here on the outskirts of the capital.
Four guards have been arrested in this connection, SHO Dharmendra Chauhan said, adding the injured were taken to the hospital where condition of one of them is stated to be stable, while the other has been discharged.
After the incident, angry workers at tset ablaze six vehicles, police said. The violence prompted authorities to deploy PAC in the area and senior police officers led by SSP Preetinder Singh rushed to the clash site and pacified the workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout