Two injured as guards open fire on agitating workers
Noida: Agitating workers at a construction site went on rampage torching six vehicles after security guards opened fire on them while they were protesting against non-payment of dues by the contractor.
Two workers were injured during the protests at the construction site in Sector-110 area here on the outskirts of the capital.
Four guards have been arrested in this connection, SHO Dharmendra Chauhan said, adding the injured were taken to the hospital where condition of one of them is stated to be stable, while the other has been discharged.
After the incident, angry workers at tset ablaze six vehicles, police said. The violence prompted authorities to deploy PAC in the area and senior police officers led by SSP Preetinder Singh rushed to the clash site and pacified the workers, police said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III