Two injured as guards open fire on agitating workers
Noida: Agitating workers at a construction site went on rampage torching six vehicles after security guards opened fire on them while they were protesting against non-payment of dues by the contractor.
Two workers were injured during the protests at the construction site in Sector-110 area here on the outskirts of the capital.
Four guards have been arrested in this connection, SHO Dharmendra Chauhan said, adding the injured were taken to the hospital where condition of one of them is stated to be stable, while the other has been discharged.
After the incident, angry workers at tset ablaze six vehicles, police said. The violence prompted authorities to deploy PAC in the area and senior police officers led by SSP Preetinder Singh rushed to the clash site and pacified the workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam