Two injured as guards open fire on agitating workers
Noida: Agitating workers at a construction site went on rampage torching six vehicles after security guards opened fire on them while they were protesting against non-payment of dues by the contractor.
Two workers were injured during the protests at the construction site in Sector-110 area here on the outskirts of the capital.
Four guards have been arrested in this connection, SHO Dharmendra Chauhan said, adding the injured were taken to the hospital where condition of one of them is stated to be stable, while the other has been discharged.
After the incident, angry workers at tset ablaze six vehicles, police said. The violence prompted authorities to deploy PAC in the area and senior police officers led by SSP Preetinder Singh rushed to the clash site and pacified the workers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read