Two injured in cylinder blast
Ghaziabad: Two children were injured
after several gas cylinders being carried on a truck exploded
on Tuesday, police said.
Ten gas cylinders exploded after one of the tyres of the
truck carrying them caught fire, a senior police official
The truck was traveling on pipeline road in Muradnagar
here when the blast took place.
The villagers along with police prevented a bigger mishap
by removing rest of the cylinders out of the truck on time,
Sharma said adding that fire tenders reached after half an
hour when all the cylinders were already taken out.
"A quicker response from the fire tenders could have
controlled the fire much faster and would have also prevented
the gas from being leaked," said Sharma.
The two girls, aged 10 and 8, were immediately rushed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China