Two injured in leopard attack
Lucknow: A leopard mauled a mother-daughter duo after straying from the Katarniaghat forest reserve in Uttar Pradesh`s Bahraich district, officials said Monday.
Rajwati (45) and Lakshmi (12) were grievously injured when the leopard attacked them late Sunday while they were sleeping outside their house in Rajaram Tanda village.
Rajwati and Lakshmi are being treated at a hospital where their condition is stated to be critical.
"Officials have been instructed to drive the leopard back to the forest area," Divisional Forest Officer R.K. Singh said in Bahraich, some 140 km from Lucknow. "The leopard seems to be hiding in sugarcane fields."
According to officials, the pug marks of the feline found in the village indicate it is a sub-adult.
Katarniaghat forest reserve is home to over 30 leopards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY