Two injured in police firing at Fatehpur
Fatehpur: Two persons were injured when
police fired on a group of locals who attacked the
plainclothesmen mistaking them as abductors.
Police in plain clothes arrested two criminals -- Sarvesh
Patel and Dilip Patel -- wanted by Andhra Pradesh police in
murder and loot case, from Aung town last night, officials
While the two criminals were being taken to the police
station, locals under suspicion that the two were being
abducted, attacked the police party, indulged in brick batting
and opened fire local villagers, they said.
In retaliatory action police opened fire on the mob
injuring two persons -- Anil and Surendra, they said.
Police said both the criminals had been taken to Andhra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister