Two injured in police firing at Fatehpur
Fatehpur: Two persons were injured when
police fired on a group of locals who attacked the
plainclothesmen mistaking them as abductors.
Police in plain clothes arrested two criminals -- Sarvesh
Patel and Dilip Patel -- wanted by Andhra Pradesh police in
murder and loot case, from Aung town last night, officials
While the two criminals were being taken to the police
station, locals under suspicion that the two were being
abducted, attacked the police party, indulged in brick batting
and opened fire local villagers, they said.
In retaliatory action police opened fire on the mob
injuring two persons -- Anil and Surendra, they said.
Police said both the criminals had been taken to Andhra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?