Two injured in police firing at Fatehpur
Fatehpur: Two persons were injured when
police fired on a group of locals who attacked the
plainclothesmen mistaking them as abductors.
Police in plain clothes arrested two criminals -- Sarvesh
Patel and Dilip Patel -- wanted by Andhra Pradesh police in
murder and loot case, from Aung town last night, officials
While the two criminals were being taken to the police
station, locals under suspicion that the two were being
abducted, attacked the police party, indulged in brick batting
and opened fire local villagers, they said.
In retaliatory action police opened fire on the mob
injuring two persons -- Anil and Surendra, they said.
Police said both the criminals had been taken to Andhra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble