Two jewellers shot dead by armed robbers
Lucknow: Two jewellers were killed and another injured after a gang of robbers fired at them and looted them of their bag of jewellery in Gadwar area here, police said today.
Vinod (40), his brother Munna (32) and nephew Ajit (25) were shot at by the armed robbers, who looted their bag containing jewellery last night at Khadika Crossing, Additional Superintendent of Police Ashok Tripathi said.
Ajit died at the district hospital last night, while Munna succumbed to his injuries this morning at a hospital in Varanasi, Tripathi said.
Vinod`s condition is said to be critical, he added.
Inspector Ramashray Bharati of the Gadwar police station has been suspended with immediate effect for laxity in duty, he said.
The value of the looted jewellery is yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title