Two jewellers shot dead by armed robbers
Lucknow: Two jewellers were killed and another injured after a gang of robbers fired at them and looted them of their bag of jewellery in Gadwar area here, police said today.
Vinod (40), his brother Munna (32) and nephew Ajit (25) were shot at by the armed robbers, who looted their bag containing jewellery last night at Khadika Crossing, Additional Superintendent of Police Ashok Tripathi said.
Ajit died at the district hospital last night, while Munna succumbed to his injuries this morning at a hospital in Varanasi, Tripathi said.
Vinod`s condition is said to be critical, he added.
Inspector Ramashray Bharati of the Gadwar police station has been suspended with immediate effect for laxity in duty, he said.
The value of the looted jewellery is yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'