Two jewellers shot dead by armed robbers
Lucknow: Two jewellers were killed and another injured after a gang of robbers fired at them and looted them of their bag of jewellery in Gadwar area here, police said today.
Vinod (40), his brother Munna (32) and nephew Ajit (25) were shot at by the armed robbers, who looted their bag containing jewellery last night at Khadika Crossing, Additional Superintendent of Police Ashok Tripathi said.
Ajit died at the district hospital last night, while Munna succumbed to his injuries this morning at a hospital in Varanasi, Tripathi said.
Vinod`s condition is said to be critical, he added.
Inspector Ramashray Bharati of the Gadwar police station has been suspended with immediate effect for laxity in duty, he said.
The value of the looted jewellery is yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj