Two killed, 13 injured as bridge collapses
Ambedkar Nagar: Two labourers were
on Wednesday killed and 13 others injured when beam of an
under-construction bridge collapsed here, police said.
The incident took place when beam of the bridge being
constructed on Saryu river in Tanda area collapsed, they said.
While the two labourers died on the spot, the 13 injured
were rushed to a nearby hospital where seven were stated to be
in serious condition.
District magistrate Kunwar Vikram Singh has ordered an
inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice