Two killed in separate mishaps
Chandrapur: Two workers were killed in separate mishaps here, police said Monday.
Both the incidents took place yesterday.
A worker of Wardha Power Company located near Warora in the district was killed on the spot when he fell down from a height of around 50 metres.
The deceased identified as Ishwar Sadashiv Nannaware
(42), was carrying out some welding work on the boiler when
the mishap occurred after he lost his balance. He was moved to
the sub-district hospital where he was declared brought dead.
In another incident, a worker with Gopani Iron and Power
Limited company, located at Tadali Growth Centre of MIDC here,
was electrocuted when he was working on a electric panel
without safety measures.
The deceased was identified as Atul Wankhede (29), who
succumbed at the Civil Hospital after severe burn injuries,
police said adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata